|This is just an Excerpt from a larger document, click here to view the entire document.
SECTION FOUR - REFERENCES
4.1 Specification Development Tool
Under the Standardized Hardware Acquisition and Reliability Program of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Indiana, a software tool has been developed to assist in the development of performance specifications. Called SpecRite, the tool uses a top- down, incremental approach to automatically build a specification as it guides a user through logic trees. SpecRite is available on diskette and CD-ROM, or it can be downloaded from the World Wide Web Home Page of the Best Manufacturing Practices (BMP) Center.
4.2 Other References
- To order the CD-ROM, write to:
Computer Science's Corporation
Attn: PMWS CD
6565 Arlington Blvd.
Falls Church, VA 22042
- To order the diskette, write to:
BMP Center of Excellence
4321 Hartwick Road
College Park, MD 20740
- The software can be downloaded from "www.bmpcoe.org".
4.2.1 Texts and Articles:
- ARINC Research Corporation, "Reliability Engineering", edited by William H. Von Alven, 1964, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- ARINC Research Corporation, "Product Reliability, Maintainability, and Supportability Handbook", edited by Michael Pecht, 1995, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Boyd, James A., 1992, "Allocation of Reliability Requirements: A New Approach," 1992 Proceedings, Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, Las Vegas, NE, January 21-23, pages 5-6.
- Gertman, David I. and Harold S. Blackman, "Human Reliability and Safety Analysis Data Handbook", 1994, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY.
- Hadel, John J. and Peter B. Lakey, "A Customer-Oriented Approach to Optimizing Reliability Allocation Within a Set of Weapon-System Requirements," 1995 Proceedings, Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, Washington, DC, January 16-19, pages 96-101.
- Lloyd, David K. and Myron Lipow, "Reliability: Management Methods, and Mathematics", 1962, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Musa, J.D., et al, "Software Reliability, Measurement, Prediction, Application", 1987, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.
- Park, K.S., "Human Reliability: Analysis, Prediction, and Prevention of Human Errors", 1987, Elsevier Science Publications, Amsterdam, Holland.
- Peace, G. S., "Taguchi Methods: A Hands-On Approach", 1993, Addison- Wesley Publishing Company, Reading MA.
- Phadke, M. S., "Quality Engineering Using Robust Design", 1989, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Rome Laboratory and the Reliability Analysis Center, "Reliability Toolkit: Commercial Practices Edition", 1995, Rome, NY.
- Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Economic Security, "Defense Standardization Program: Performance Specification Guide (SD-15)", June 1995.
4.2.2 Commercial and International Standards.
The commercial and international standards listed in this section may be obtained as follows:
- Copies of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) documents are available from:
445 Hoes Lane
P.O. Box 1331
Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331
Telephone, (800) 678-IEEE, FAX, (908) 981-9667
- Copies of BELL (Bellcore) documents are available from:
Bellcore - Bell Communications Research
Information Exchange Management
445 South Street, Room 2J-125
PO Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07962-1910
- Copies of International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) documents are available from:
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
New York, NY 10018
Telephone, (212) 642-4900, FAX, (212) 302-1286
- Copies of International Standards Organization (ISO) documents are available from ANSI or from:
International Organization for Standardization
1, Rue de Varembe
CH-1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
Telephone: +(41) 22 749-0111
Fax: +(41) 22 733-3430
4.2.3 Technical Reports.
- BELL-FR-NWT-0000796, "Reliability and Quality Generic Requirements"
- BELL-TR-TSY-000282, "Software Reliability and Quality Acceptance Criteria"
- IEEE-577, "Standard Requirements for Reliability Analysis in the Design and Operation of Safety Systems"
- IEC 300-3-8, "Dependability Management - Application Guide - Human Reliability"
- IEC-409, "Guide for the Inclusion of Reliability Clauses into Specifications for Components (or Parts)"
- ISO-2394, "General Principles on Reliability for Structures"
The following Rome Laboratory (formerly Rome Air Development Center) reports may be requested from:
||The National Technical Information Service
Department of Commerce
5285 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
- Brown, T.P. et al, "Specification of Software Quality Attributes", Rome Air Development Center Report, RADC-TR-85-37 (3 volumes), 1985.
- Clark, David, Ned H. Criscimagna, William Denson, and David Nicholls, "User Requirements to System Specifications: Translation Tools for Diagnostics, Reliability, and Maintainability -- Final Report", Rome Laboratory Contract F30602-92-C-0179, July 1995.
- Coit, David W., David L. Russell, and Russ O. Wrisley, "Reliability / Maintainability Operational Parameter Translation II: Final Report", Rome Air Development Center Contract F30602-86-C-0175, August 1989.
- Friedman, M.A., P.Y. Tran, and P.L. Goddard, "Reliability Techniques for Combined Hardware and Software Systems: Final Technical Report", Rome Laboratory Contract No. F30602-C-0111, April 1991.