This is just an Excerpt from a larger document, click here to view the entire document.
SBA has already been used successfully on several major acquisitions. These include:
- Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAAV). A Model-Test-Model philosophy has been an integral part of the AAAV development process to date and is expected to continue throughout the vehicles life.
- Advanced Tomahawk Weapon Control System. This system consists of the Joint Precision Strike Demonstration (JPSD), Strike Warfare System Integration Lab, and Virtual Development Lab.
- The mission of JPSD is to demonstrate and deliver to US Forces Korea (USFK) a significantly enhanced capability to defeat North Korean 240 MM Multiple Rocket Launchers (MRLS).
- The Strike Warfare System Integration Lab is a certified system for testing Tomahawk Weapon Control Systems.
- The Virtual Development lab is an idea for the future that should allow new technology development, demonstration and integration.
- Theater Air Defense (PEO-TAD). The philosophy of PEO-TAD is to phase the transition of Modeling & Simulation capabilities for current system to Next Generation Systems in support of SBA.
- Joint Strike Fighter. Full-mission simulation demonstrations with full pilot-in-the-loop functionality used to validate design and reduce risks.
- US Army GRIZZLY Breacher System. Integrated, Real Time, High Fidelity, Grizzly Virtual Prototype Simulation (GVPS) for development and test.